sometimes you know someone so well, you make up a recipe just for them.
this is a variation on shortbread cookies i made especially for my roommate, katie.
after living together for 2 years, i know just what she likes.
reasons katie deserves these cookies:
- she's a brilliant dog trainer and helped make sweet eleanor the best dog in the world. check her out.
- she's deals with me when i'm cranky.
- she's washed eleanor because she walked in poop.
- she works 2 jobs plus volunteers all of her free time to dogs in need of her help.
- it's her birthday....february 11th
- i think she's cute!
katie.......this one's for you.
1/3 - 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup earth balance
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoons lemon zest
1 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
cream together sugar, earth balance, cashew butter, and soy milk. sift in flour and mix. add optional lemon ingredients. pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. let dough rest in the refrigerator for 30 min. roll dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut out with cookie cutter. transfer to a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes. cool and serve.